I'm currently involved with my Tuesday obsession (otherwise known as the tv show "Fringe"), so hopefully this post won't be too disjointed.
Research is going very well. Data is mostly analyzed. That was incredibly tedious, but went relatively quickly. I now have lots of graphs. All of them are quite interesting, some more than others. Some are stat sig too...but not necessarily the super interesting ones. I thought they were most stat sig originally - the error bars were ridiculously tiny! - but alas that was only because I didn't calculate the standard error correctly the first time. Oops. But all is well now.
(Sidenote: This is a really creepy show to watch when you're alone in the house.)
I've started a second project, in conjuction with another student in my cohort. Today we made our sound files. It went a lot better than I thought it would. Only a couple of hitches, the main one being my lack of DOS skills. Yes, we have a program that runs in DOS. On the plus side, I can now navigate in it decently.
The other big thing going on is a grant application. Lots of writing and editing and rewriting. And then doing it all over again. Hopefully it will all be worth it, in that I get the grant. But even if I don't, it's at least good experience. (But I'd really like the grant!)
Back to the show...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment