1. Data analysis is nearing completion! (Well, completion as compared to a few weeks ago.) I have eight tests left to analyze to get raw numbers. Then all we have to do is subtract some things (once we figure out the thing to subtract), and run some statistical tests, and ta da done! Er, there might be a few more steps in there too. But the point is, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I will soon get a break from sitting in a windowless room clicking buttons in the quirky software and copy/pasting things in Excel.
2. I have a computer for my office now. At least, I'm assuming it's there and set up. I haven't actually been to my office yet this week (see above), but all signs point to it being in my office at this very moment. I am delighted, because now my desk won't look so bare, I can check my email and such without taking up lab computers, and I can do that in a location with windows.
3. I still hate statistics class. Friday, he had us flipping coins to determine probability. I'm in grad school and I'm still flipping flipping coins in class. *sigh* Today there were new symbols and weird vocabulary and even my interpreter didn't quite know what he meant.
4. I have way too much reading to do.
5. I have an inkling of an idea for my thesis, but absolutely no idea what to do for a grant proposal due in less than two months.
I have some links I want to post, but it's nearly midnight and I want to get some more work done before bed. I'll post them soon(ish).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment